Thursday, June 2, 2011

wind on the rocks

sid and i almost got blown off signal hill today. I oughta have known something was wrong when the nice guy from the hostel who dropped us off asked us if we'd be ok. i really oughta have known something was wrong when the fort at the top was closed "due to the weather". Missing political work. we are going to drop by the social justice centre in town, we went by today but it was closed at 4:30 (you have to love this city).

my big political action was when we went to this geo centre exhibit, that sidney loved, all about the geological history of the area, a great exhibit on the titanic, and a wonderful exhibit on oil drilling, funded by exxon! not to mention that the section on the people of Nfld gave one line to the First Nations, one of which was entirely whipped out by colonialism of course. So i wrote a mildly nasty note in the comment book.



anyways, the people are lovely, the local beer is great and the geography spectacular. i miss my friends and organizations but look forward to hitting the road unless my pack kills me

mac

4 comments:

  1. Loves! I'm so happy you're keeping this blog. I love getting to hear about all your adventures - what an amazing record to be able to look back on! Also, Mac - hilarious - wtf you're missing politics and had to go by the social justice centre???? You left two days ago! quintessential M,L, & (begrudgingly?)S . xoxo Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi. trying my Google account. For long trips keep exercising those legs at every stop 15 minutes or over. Have fun. Gian

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know you are the wind beneath my wings MacDonald!
    Kisses and licks,
    S

    ReplyDelete
  4. just wow!!! roll on but take yer times ...xx d

    ReplyDelete