Wednesday, June 8, 2011

on the boat

I never make much of a sailor. When I'm on a boat, I get all sleepy, nauseous and dopey. We're travelling across to Nova Scotia on the ferry. The trip is about 6 hours and we haven't seen a thing the whole way. Full fog on all sides. Sidney is I think the only kid on board and has been enthusiasticly singing the song 'Titanic' in full throat all day. He wants to play Lego Star Wars, pretend adventures, farm vs. car vs. something or other. Mac has been very stern and makes him do reading, math and writing every day. I'm pretty impressed. We both wonder whether it will last. I sneak off to work on my computer and feel like I'm neglectful.

We're hoping to go to Cape Breton but there may not be any way to do this without a car. Instead we might just take the transit to Glace Bay and take the tour of the mine with the 'retired' miners. Its kind of weird to turn industries like mining into tourist attractions. But its the state of the nation I suppose.

BTW - I asked two Newfoundlanders about federal politics. Both argued that while Ottawa may care aboutr oil in St. Johns, they don't care about the rest of the province. No great shock there.

It looks like picasa pictures work better with blogger than flickr, so i'll be using that from now on.
xo L.

No comments:

Post a Comment